Access Statement For Trelawney
Trelawney is a mid terrace, granite built Victorian house, situated close to town. As it is an older property some of the rooms are restricted in size, so may not be suitable for wheelchair users, although we do have a ground floor flat which would be suited to those with restricted mobility. We can accommodate 6 guests in 3 flats, over 3 floors, we do not have a lift, but we can offer assistance with baggage.
• Due to it's location, travel to Scilly requires either a helicopter, plane or boat trip, all of which are well managed and assistance will be given to passengers with any disabilities or mobility issues if required.
• Secure car parking is available and can be booked when arranging your helicopter/boat or plane travel.
• When arriving on Scilly transport is available at both the airport and the quay for onward transport to the accommodation.
• There is generally no transport into or out of Scilly on a Sunday.
• The shops are approximately 400m away, with no hills.
• The majority of restaurants and pubs on St Mary's are within 500m of here.
• As it is such a small place (St Mary's, the largest island is 3 miles x 1.5 miles) it is not practical to bring cars to Scilly for pleasure use.
• There are several local taxi firms, Toots taxi 01720 422124 or 07570 624669, DJ Cabs , 01720 423775 or 07717 121101 are two of them. There is also The Scilly Cart Co 01720 422121.
• It is suggested that guests with visual/mobility impairment be accompanied, as there are steps to negotiate within the house.
• There are disabled access toilets within 50m of Trelawney.
• There is a wheelchair/mobility scooter hire service available from the Rotary Club, which deliver/collect from the Guest House. This can be pre booked on 01720 422466.
• We can be contacted by phone on 01720 422377 or e-mail email@example.com
• Our web site address is www.trelawney-ios.co.uk
•If assistance required please advise us in advance of your anticipated arrival time so that we may be here to meet you .
• Flats can be occupied after 3pm.
• If you are arriving by boat and choose to walk from the quay: - leave the boat, follow the quay road (the quay is cobbled) round to the left into town, walk straight down Hugh Street, past the Co-op on your left. Follow the road around to the left until you come to the park with a phone box in front of you. Take the right hand fork; carry on for approximately 40m, past the Bell Rock Hotel on your right. We are 2 doors past this hotel; there is a Trelawney sign on the front wall. This is a level walk all the way from the Quay.
• There is a 100mm (4") high step from the pavement onto the level tiled path.
• There is an 80mm (3") high step up to the front door, with a granite threshold 80mm (3") high to step over.
Main Entrance & Reception
• Enter through the front door, which is hooked open unless in very extreme weather, through the inner door to the hall.
• Flat 1 is on your right when you enter the internal door.
Public Areas - General (Internal)
• The hallway has Flat 1 off to the right, with the stairs rising to Flat 2 and The Studio Flat
• There are 6 steps of 190mm (7.5") down to the bedroom in Flat 1, with a handrail, then 1 step once through the door.
• There are 6 steps of 200mm (8") up to the mezzanine landing from the hall, with handrail, then 10 steps of 200mm(8") to the first floor landing which has Flat 2 off it, then 14 stairs up to The Studio Flat.
• All flats have access to a washer/dryer which is on the first floor landing.
• We have a small level front garden which is gravelled and has e a bench on a small slabbed area.
• All bedrooms have a wall mounted LCD remote controlled TV and hairdryer.
There are flat screen tv's with DVD player and Amazon firestick in each of the flat's lounge.
• All rooms have a ceiling mounted smoke/heat detector.
• The fire alarm system produces an audible alarm of at least 75 decibels at the bed head.
• The rooms have a central pendant light and 2 lights above the bed.
• All beds are made up with sheets and duvets.
• All bedrooms are carpeted.
All rooms are heated with an electric panel heater.
• All flats kitchens’ have a dishwasher, electric oven and hob, microwave and toaster.
• All flats have shower rooms.
• All bathrooms have a shower, basin and w/c. There is a mirror with light over and shaver socket, with a shelf beneath the mirror. There is a heated towel rail behind the toilet.
• We test the fire alarms at approximately 11am on a Monday morning.
• The escape route in the event of a fire is through the front door, and assemble in the Methodist Chapel square opposite.
• Signal for mobile networks varies, though most can get a signal at the front of the house.
• Emergency numbers: 07771 801993 or 07563 058443
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01720 422377 or email jhavlin@Hotmail.com